InstantIT.Asia agrees to use its best endeavors to ensure a 99.9% Network Uptime and 99.5% Server Uptime to the customers. Downtime is referred to as our server or network equipment being down and not ping able. Downtime excludes scheduled maintenance window which the maintenance notice shall be posted on our Support Center or email to our clients at least 3 (three) working days before the schedule date. Here are some common guarantees in the industry today and the actual amount of downtime per month involved.
- 99.5% uptime = 216 minutes of downtime in a month
- 99.8% uptime = 86.4 minutes of downtime in a month
- 99.9% uptime = 43.2 minutes of downtime in a month
- 99.99% uptime = 4.32 minutes of downtime in a month
- 99.999% uptime = 0.432 minutes (26 seconds) in a month
Customer shall not receive any credits under this 99.9% Network Uptime and 99.5% Server Uptime Guarantee in connection with any failure or deficiency of Web Site Availability caused by or associated with:
- Circumstances beyond our reasonable control, including, without limitation, acts of God, acts of any governmental body, war, insurrection, terrorism, sabotage, armed conflict, embargo, fire, flood, strike or other labor disturbance, interruption of or delay in transportation, unavailability of or interruption or delay in telecommunications or third party services, virus attacks or hackers, failure of third party software (including, without limitation, ecommerce software, payment gateways, chat, statistics or free scripts) or inability to obtain raw materials, supplies, or power used in or equipment needed for provision of this SLA;
- Failure of access circuits to our network, unless such failure is caused solely by InstantIT.Asia;
- Scheduled maintenance and emergency maintenance and upgrades;
- DNS issues outside the direct control of InstantIT.Asia;
- Issues with FTP, POP, IMAP, or SMTP customer access;
- False SLA breaches reported as a result of outages or errors of any InstantIT.Asia measurement system;
- Customer’s acts or omissions (or acts or omissions of others engaged or authorized by customer), including, without limitation, custom scripting or coding (e.g., CGI, Perl, HTML, ASP, etc), any negligence, willful misconduct, or use of the Services in breach of our Terms of Service Policy;
- Email or webmail delivery and transmission;
- DNS (Domain Name Server) Propagation.
- Outages elsewhere on the Internet that hinder access to your account. InstantIT.Asia is not responsible for browser or DNS caching that may make your site appear inaccessible when others can still access it. InstantIT.Asia will guarantee only those areas considered under the control of InstantIT.Asia: our server links to the Internet, our routers, and our servers.
In the event of Server Downtime or Network Downtime which is (i) due to problem within InstantIT.Asia and (ii) if the total Server Downtime or Network Downtime exceeds specific numbers of hours consecutively (as specified in Table 1 below) in a calendar month, customer may claim for an Outage Event Credit (OEC). Notwithstanding the foregoing, the maximum amount of OEC can be claimed shall not exceed 50% of the total Monthly Fee for the Service provided, and this is limited to once in a calendar month frequency.
The Customer shall be entitled to the following Outage Event Credit in the form of a credit against future bill of amounts payable by customer for the provision of the service:
Example of Calculation:
Total Days in a Month 30
Total Hour of Downtime in Month 48
Uptime % 100% – (48 / (30 x 24)) = 100% – 6.66% = 93.34%
Hosting Fee (Yearly) $199/year
Hosting Fee (Daily) 199/365 = $0.545
93.34% of uptime entitle you OEC credit of 7 days charges for service $ 0.545 x 7 = $ 3.815
Issue OEC Credit for 300 clients $ 3.82 x 300 = $ 1146.00
Customer shall submit all claims for OEC by email to billing@instantIT.asia within three (3) business days after the InstantIT.asia server / network is available again following the server or network downtime in question. In the event of customer’s failure to submit the claims within the said three (3) business days, InstantIT.asia reserves the right to reject the claims without any reasons.
The claims submitted by customers must contain the following particulars of information:
- Customers Name
- Client ID
- Domain Name
- Date and approximate period of downtime
- Unavailability information
Any claims submitted without any of the particulars of information above shall be treated as incomplete and InstantIT.asia has the right to reject such claims.
Customers will be given acknowledgement of receipt of all claims within one (1) business days and InstantIT.asia will review all such claims within seven (7) business days thereof. Upon review and findings, InstantIT.asia will inform the customers by e-mail whether the appropriate claim will be granted or rejected. If the claim is allowed, the OEC will not be reflected in the current bill, but in the following bill.
Are the Server and Network Uptime Guarantee considered to be web site or business insurance?
We are in the web hosting business, not the insurance business. Our Server and Network Uptime Guarantee are in no way to be interpreted as an insurance product. Since the maximum amount of credits that can be applied to any web hosting account is the actual amount paid by the customer per month, quarter or year then obviously it is not sufficient to “cover” any damages caused by any server or network outage. We recognize that web sites cost money to develop, maintain and ecommerce sites can experience loss of sales and income when an outage occurs. We do not however offer any compensation for these types of losses as stated in our Terms of Service. While we do perform daily backups on all servers, it is the customer’s responsibility to maintain their own site backups on their local computers at all times and if deemed necessary, obtain insurance products from reputable insurance providers to cover any loss of business or sales.
InstantIT.asia reserves the right to make any modifications, amendments, revisions or changes to this Server Uptime and Network Uptime Guarantee at any time. Customer will be notified prior to any changes or variation to Server Uptime and Network Uptime Guarantee.
Cultural divide facing shortages of skilled workers, many businesses are eager for schools to produce more highly educated graduates